Individual & Small Group Lessons in Schools
Gloucestershire Academy of Music offers individual and small group music tuition on a wide range of instruments in primary schools throughout the county.
Our teachers are highly motivated and skilled musicians. They have all gone through a rigorous interview process to ensure that professional teaching standards are met. Gloucestershire Academy of Music is currently supplying peripatetic teachers to over 20 primary schools in the Gloucestershire area, teaching over 250 pupils between them.
‘Gloucestershire Academy of Music has greatly enhanced music provision in our school.’ John Coles, Head teacher, Heron Primary School
‘.....has loved her clarinet teacher and has really, really come on’. Parent, Innsworth Primary
How it Works
- The School invites us (Gloucestershire Academy of Music) to teach in the school.
- Pupils fill in an Application Form which is then processed by us and the pupil is then matched with the most appropriate teacher.
- We will organise lesson groupings, depending on age, skill levels and their requirements, and advise students how best to hire an appropriate instrument.
- We liaise with the school regarding a convenient teaching time.
- We will then invoice parents directly once a term for 10 lessons, which allows for some flexibility for unforeseen events.
This system saves overstretched school staff time, cost, and effort and also allows us to maintain good contact directly with parents.
Gloucestershire Academy of Music is also closely affiliated with Cheltenham Music Festivals who are very keen to develop performance and listening opportunities for all of Gloucestershire Academy of Music’s teachers, pupils and associated schools at the Festival each year. Schools will be informed directly by the festival of musical opportunities for their pupils.
We boast a comprehensive range of instruments across our teaching staff including the following:
If any schools or interested teachers or parents would like to know more then please contact for further information.